TORs for Female Trainer (citizen journalism and climate change)
Location: Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Lahore
Work coordination: Program Staff
Sustainable Social Development Organization (SSDO) is a research-based non-governmental advocacy organization committed to contributing to the well-being of society through establishing an institutionalized system of social development and responsible citizenship. It is a civil initiative aimed and equipped to stimulate public and policy dialogue on social development policies, legislative processes, democratization, rule of law, good governance, and human rights and civic action. As per requirement, SSDO requires a Female trainer mainly focused on City journalism and climate change.
1. Undertake desk research and analyze all the necessary documents/training modules/training materials to fully understand the ground situation and existing training material available for training of students/ youth.
2. The training manual to add all relevant national and international legislation and policies that have been signed/ratified pertaining to climate change adaptation and mitigation.
3. Map out the issues and identify the priorities in line with the objectives of the project in consideration of the environmental and cultural aspects of Pakistan.
4. Produce a well-written and comprehensive training needs assessment report based on the above, including pre/ post -training evaluation and impact assessment.
5. Based on this assessment, develop a comprehensive training manual (in English & Urdu) with a special focus on climate change and migration with particular attention to the specific situation in Pakistan (causes, effects, impact on migration and mobility, disaster risk reduction planning, mitigation and adaptation measures, outline and analysis of activities and policies of main actors and stakeholders in Pakistan)
6. Train the students on how the communication tools and journalism techniques can be used to create, raise and spread awareness on climate change and its effects within the communities and at mass level.
1. Comprehensive training manual, with a two-days training resource material for students who will be trained as citizen journalists
2. Three training workshops (two days each) completed, and reports submitted, including pre/ post-training evaluation and impact assessment.
3. Training report for each training completed with respect to gender evaluation and student participation analysis
Qualifications and Experience
· A minimum of Master’s degree in the field Climate Change, Environment, City Journalism, Forestry, Agriculture, Adaptation, Development studies and Social Science with experience and expertise on capacity development.
· Experience in working in the field of climate change generally and particularly on climate change adaptation.
· At least 3 years of progressive experience in training, communication related to climate change, and development projects.
· Strong understanding and commitment to the diversity issues including gender, social inclusion, and others.
This assignment needs travel in Punjab districts and is for a period between November 2022 - January 2022.
Excellent command of English, Urdu – verbal and written
MS Office and able to well present and analyse information.
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position and location in subject line.
Deadline : 05th November 2022